Thursday, 28 February 2013

Mark Trapeze Test

A quick test in CelAction working with a trapeze as an object, also testing the side model of Mark. Not the best piece of work I've done.

Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Life Drawing

I've been pretty lazy with uploading my life drawing. I feel i'm improving each time I go. A lot of these have weird anatomy as I feel I've been slightly out of practice. Here are a few from today's session;

Monday, 25 February 2013

Japanese Children's films - Inspiration.

Came across these as I was uploading Scene 1 of The Secret Circus just and thought they were perfect inspiration for the project.

Scene 1 - Tilly gets ready for bed.

Began animating today! Scene 1 of The Secret Circus. Tilly is ready for bed, until her Mother shouts up and asks if she's brushed her teeth. Tilly lies and says she has, although the narrator makes it very clear she hasn't. This scene is still a work in progress, and requires a lot of editing especially with the narration.

Friday, 22 February 2013

CelAction & After Effects Typography test

I animated Tilly in CelAction. I created the typography quickly in Photoshop and composited the whole thing in After Effects. Currently I am still toying with the idea of using typography, I feel it would add a nice touch to the piece. I'm going to ask for critique from friends with small children and see if the typography is easily read by children.

Wednesday, 20 February 2013

CelAction Test 2

Another CelAction test. The characters are rigged. These tests have allowed me to see if there is any problems that need sorting.
/br> Tilly's arm is hidden behind her hair which I didn't realise until I was animating so I can easily sort this out now. I also played about with algorithm which makes the animation much smoother.

Monday, 18 February 2013

More CelAction Tests

More CelAction Tests...

More tests in CelAction. These puppets are now completed and ready to use.

Wednesday, 13 February 2013

CelAction Tests

Working more in CelAction, I've been testing out the models and continually improving and adding to them. I decided I am going to make my characters more expressive and give them eyebrows which will help present emotion to my audience. This is something I'm working on this week, as well as doing a few quick tests to make sure I understand CelAction properly. Alice Holmes has been been giving me a few brief tutorials just so I completly get my head around it. I've been working on some tests;

Tuesday, 5 February 2013

CelAction Test

Quick Test working in CelAction. Still needs tweaking as it's quite disjointed in the movement.

Monday, 4 February 2013

Freelance work - Mote

I've been commisioned by a friend to create some animation to go on his poetry website, Mote. I'd been given the poem to use, the animation will have the poem narrated over. I decided for this to create something traditionally, using the rostrum and lightbox. I tried to use a variety of mediums including plasticine as well. This still needs a lot of editing, especially touch-ups as it becomes quite dark in places and needs to be lit better. Here's a test I did for the first part;

Friday, 1 February 2013

Typography Tests

I wanted to add a little bit of typography to my project, a bit like how Charlie and Lola does. It would be to illustrate some narration alongside the animation. This is one small piece I tested. I did two versions, one much slower than the first, I realised it was much too fast for pre-school children to read. I designed the typography myself in Photoshop using both brushes and cut-out textures.

The slower version;