Wednesday 23 February 2011

Flash Animation Project, Characters.

For our Flash project we've been given the brief of 'My Life in Falmouth'. Then in the style of Creature Comforts, record someone talking about Falmouth. In this we have to design characters too, here are my priliminary ideas:


I thought the Figurehead was quite a nice idea, I took some photos down in Falmouth for research which i'll put up later. From the idea of the figure head, I began looking into the idea of Mermaids based on Cornish myths and legends. I wasn't too pleased with my first sketch I did, I messed up the perspective on her sitting down. I worked on her design again and this is what I came up with:


I'm quite pleased with the final design of her. I think I may stick to using watercolours, then add detail in afterwards.
This is the full turnaround design for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment